April 28-30—Bi-District Youth Retreat at Camp Highroad
Summer 2017 Service Day
Bi-District Youth Council and Youth Leadership Events
November 20, 2-4 p.m. —Bi-District Youth Council Meeting, Friendship UMC, Falls Church
January 7, 2017—Bi-District Training Day, Christ Church, Fairfax Station
March 19 —Bi-District Youth Council Meeting
Local and Conference Youth Events
November 11-13—Eagle Eyrie Middle School Youth Retreat with Virginia Annual Conference
December 2-4—Eagle Eyrie Senior High Youth Retreat with Virginia Annual Conference
February 24-25, 2017—30-Hour Famine, Friendship UMC
The Youth program is overseen by our Bi-District Youth Council (BDYC). The Mission of the Bi-District Youth Council is to create programs and ministries that:
- Help local churches to facilitate, support and empower youth to grow in faith, in their relationship to Jesus Christ and in leadership.
- Foster relationships and connect youth ministries and churches to one another, the districts and the Conference.
- Provide large fellowship activities that reach out and unite youth inside and outside of the church.
Below are generic forms that you may find useful. Feel free to download and customize as you see fit.
- Permission slips
- Generic Emergency Information form
- Covenant for Bi-District Youth Events Feb 2016 revision
Youth Leader Information
Some things youth leaders need to know…
Any member of a participating youth group may have an image used in future publications, multimedia presentations, on the Alexandria/Arlington Bi-District or Virginia Annual Conference website, including social networking sites. Use of these images would be for the express purpose of communicating and sharing information about the Bi-District Youth.
Each group is responsible for their own participants permission slips, medical forms and emergency contacts for participants.
Occasionally, our students take time to write about their experiences at our Bi-District events. You can read their thoughts on the Youth Blog.