Mark Your Calendars!
Here is a quick and concise list of important Bi-District dates as well as registration links for your convenience.
If you have questions about these events, please don’t hesitate to contact Cynthia Lopynski (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kim Johnson (email@example.com) for more information.
- April 3-4: Rally to End Racism
- Wednesday, April 12: Clergy Meeting/Spiritual Formation (CentrevilleUMC)
Topic: Breakthrough Prayer featuring Rev. Sue Nilson Kibbey
(9:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) Bi-District Clergy Meeting *clergy only, required meeting CLERGY RSVP
(7:00-8:30 p.m.) Laity Spiritual Formation Event REGISTER
- Saturday, April 14: Bishop’s Convocation on Race and Reconciliation (Annandale UMC) REGISTER
- Wednesday, April 18: Websites 101 (Church Website Training) REGISTER
- Thursday, April 19: Third Thursdays (Topic: Easy Graphic Design) REGISTER
- April 20-22: Bi-District Youth Retreat (Camp Highroad) REGISTER
- Sunday, April 22: Celebrate the Increase (Christ Church) For Alexandria Churches REGISTER
- April 27-28: Lay Servant Training (Herndon UMC) REGISTER
- Saturday, May 12: Transitions Workshop (Messiah UMC) for clergy and SPRC members experiencing a pastoral transition this summer
Includes and option for an afternoon session on either Cross Cultural Appointments or Transitions and Conflict
- Saturday, June 2: Healthy Congregations Workshop (Clarendon UMC) REGISTRATION coming soon!
Facilitated by the Lombard Peace Center
- Sunday, June 3: Annual Conference Orientation (for District and Church Delegates to the 2018 Annual Conference)
- June 15-17: Annual Conference (Hampton, VA) LEARN MORE
Includes the Great Day of Service
- Sunday, July 15: District Stewards Meeting (location TBD)
- Wednesday, August 8: General Conference Briefing with Martha Stokes (location TBD)
- Sunday, September 22: District Conference (Centreville UMC)
- September 28-29 (all day): Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset (St. Stephen’s UMC) REGISTRATION coming soon!